Best Book of the Year.


Daughter of a King was awarded Best Book of the Year Award in 2003 by the Independent LDS Booksellers Association.
Click here for Site Map
Blogger

Saturday, July 14, 2007

Change

We think we've found the house we are going to move into! It is AMAZING! It has a pool, hot tub, huge yard with a volloyball net and a basketball hoop on the driveway. I just really like it. I am going to have to switch high school though, which I wish I didn't have to, but my parents said they couldn't find a house big enough in my current high school area. I actually do know some people from grade school who go to the school I will be going to this year though, so I guess it will be alright. And it's not too far away from my house now. My room is pink and green, which I am going to have to repaint, but my friend Mandy and I wanted to redecorate our rooms together anyway, so I guess it's for the better. We're going to get a horse and board it with this place across the street and a bit for about 150 dollars a month. I'm going to try and get a job there :P.

I don't actually have anything awing or inspiring to write today, just that I'm trying to write once a week and I forgot to on Wednesday. :O haha. Well . . . I found this really funny quote on the internet the other day. It says: "Work. Yeah, I tried that once. The worst seven minutes of my life!" I don't remember who it was by though.

So I guess changing houses isn't really going to be so bad after all. I was making a big deal out of it before and kind of being a brat to my parents and .... well yeah. I still would rather prefer staying in our current house, but since I can't, this new house is going to be pretty great. My friend all don't live too far away, and I will soon be old enough to drive . . . basically it will actually be a change for the better except I'll still be a fan of my old school football teams and all! I like the actual house and yard better and I like that we're getting horses, just not that I will have to go to a different school. So my inspirational message for the day is going to be DON'T BE AFRAID OF CHANGE. It can be really scary (and usually is for me), but sometimes it's actually for the better. So don't be afraid to adjust your life to make yourself or others happier.

I'm going to connect this with the gospel -- we're encouraged to have friends who have our same values, to wear modest clothing, to speak with clean language, and such. So, to connect this with change, don't ever be afraid to change one of these aspects in your life because you're afraid of not being liked, of fitting in, being popular, etc. For one, those things are all temporary, and when you get older, they're not going to matter (ahaha just as I wrote that the song
High School Never Ends by Bowing for Soup ran through my head :P). And also, those it may seem at first that people aren't going think so highly of you if you don't act. . . skanky . . . or hip or . . . whatever else! . . . that's not true. As a general rule, you will be more respected if you have higher values. And remember, the only reason someone would hate you is because they want to be just like you! (I read that in an e-mail once....:P).... well buh bye for now!

0 comments: