Best Book of the Year.


Daughter of a King was awarded Best Book of the Year Award in 2003 by the Independent LDS Booksellers Association.
Click here for Site Map
Blogger

Thursday, July 5, 2007

Portugal And Such

Wow-- so much has happened since I last got on here! I ended up quitting Cold Stone because of the locoation. I miss it! I also found out just before the school year ended that I still have to take one more math class next year before I'll be finished, because the class I took this year only counted as college credit, not high school. Then school ended and my family went off to Portugal to visit my portugese grandma on my dad's side for a month. I think it was wayyyy too long to be gone. Not only was I missing America and all my friends, but also my dryer and internet! They had internet cafes there with a wireless connection for customers, but you usually couldn't use them unless you brought your own laptop, which I don't have, and I just got tired of having to take the extra time hanging my clothes up to dry. I'm a bit lazy :P.

We went to the beach a lot and I had more allergy attacks than I can count! I'm really tan now though, haha. A couple days after we got back myparents put a "For Sale" sign up in front of our house and made us all clean our rooms and such so she could take pictures. I don't want to move, but it can't be helped. My mom says we won't be moving more than about fifteen minutes away from where we are now, because we need to stay near where my dad works and my little siblings' private school. I'm hoping I won't have to change schools. Plus, it's going to be a pain taking off all the glow-in-the-dark stars off my ceiling :S.

So just one thing I liked about Portugal was how easy it was to get ready in the morning. Seriously! At first, I just didn't want to be there, so I wasn't caring about how I looked and such, but when we went to church for the first time, I got ready and did my hair and make up all nicely . . . .and then when we got there, no girls were wearing make up at all! So it just made me think, I look pretty much like a portugese native, so why am I spending all this time making my face fake when they aren't and still look beautiful? I didn't wear make up the rest of the trip. When we got home, I started putting on my regular make up when getting ready in the morning, and found I hated how it looked. I started trying new styles and such, but now I just feel most comfortable plain, and I like that feeling. All my friends and other people I care about, don't care whether or not I am wearing make up or not, so what's the point in putting it on? They still love me not matter what! It was just a lesson I'm glad I learned.

The most beautiful girl is one who's just woken up from bed and is all crappy looking. It doesn't matter if you don't have dark lashes or big lips, you are still a GORGEOUS daughter of God and don't EVER let anyone tell you otherwise! Anyone who ever makes you feel like you have to dress up or be someone else to be good enough is never worth your time. All the people who care about you in your life will still care about you even when you're not dressed up, so just make sure that's never your number one priority in life. Yea, sometimes it's fun, but it shouldn't be all-important. And I'm glad I got to learn that lesson :). Until next post!

0 comments: